Complaints Handling Policy
NPQs and Leadership Development Training
LLSE is committed to providing a high-quality leadership development training to all our participants. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you are a participant on an NPQ course and you have a complaint, please email details to email@example.com
Investigating your complaint
1. We will email you acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, attaching a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Programme Manager reviewing your complaint and contacting relevant members of staff to gather information. S/he may ask you for further information or detail pertaining to your complaint where this is necessary to the investigation.
3. We will communicate the outcomes of our investigation and our proposed resolution to your complaint initially by email and will continue to engage with you until you are satisfied with the proposed resolution.
Stage 1: The LLSE Programme Manager will contact you within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement email to provide a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter.
Stage 2: If you are not completely satisfied by the suggested resolution, we will arrange for a meeting (ideally face to face or, if this is not possible, by telephone) to take place between you and the Programme Manager to further discuss your complaint and possible solutions.
Stage 3: If you remain unsatisfied with the proposed resolution then we will arrange for your complaint to be reviewed by the Chair of the LLSE Board of Directors, who will then write to you with a response and suggested resolution.
4. At each stage of the investigation we will provide a written summary of the proposed resolution and we ask that you reply to our communications within 14 days stating whether you are satisfied with the proposed resolution or whether you wish the investigation to move to the next stage.
5. If you remain unsatisfied following the involvement of the LLSE Directors, and your complaint relates to a National Professional Qualification, then you can contact the NPQ Reform Team at the Department for Education via email NPQ.REFORM@education.gov.uk
Improving our provision
LLSE records details of all complaints received in a Complaints Log, identifying the issue forming the basis of the complaint.
The Complaints Log is reviewed by the LLSE Management Team every time a new complaint is received. The team is responsible for ensuring that any necessary improvements to the programmes and the participant experience are implemented to prevent future complaints of a similar nature.
The Complaints Log is also reviewed by the LLSE Board of Directors at each of their meetings (normally 4 times per year). The Directors will ensure that the complaints investigation procedures described above have been adhered to and that all complaints have been resolved. They will also request evidence from the Management Team that changes to practice have been implemented and check that no further complaints of a similar nature have been received.
This policy will be reviewed on a bi-annual basis, normally in January.
The last review took place at the LLSE Board of Directors meeting on 11th January 2019.